Monday, August 31, 2009

Handbags and Heels.

Click photos to enlarge.
Mmm.. fashion and sweets. Here's an order I received for a friend's mom's birthday. These cupcakes are the results of an amalgamation of her interests.. designer bags, shoes and the colour pink.
Individualized orders usually take some time to plan things like colour schemes and the sculpting logistics.
This order by far took the longest to complete. I usually try to spread the work out over a few days so that an order isn't so overwhelming. Definitely less stressful when breaking down one large project into smaller tasks to tackle one at a time. For example.. day one: make fondant, day two: sculpt fondant, day three: bake cupcakes and decorate (I like to bake and set cupcakes the day of the order to ensure that clients get the freshest treats possible in their bellies).

Let me powder my nose.. it's time for my *close-ups*...
First up we have heels.. I had a specific request for leopard print :)

After some research and I created some fondant knockoffs of common designer bags by.. Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Coach. (I definitely underestimated how long these would take.)

And finally the classic Chanel logo on a white quilted background and
her star sign.. Virgo.




No comments:

Post a Comment