Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cupcakes for A Cause.

I've got my red ribbon, do you have yours? Take a second to watch the "Knowledge is Power" PSA.

Two summers ago, I was fortunate enough to travel to Zambia -- a country that is inhabited by a staggering number of people living with HIV/AIDS. I saw first hand, how a population so grossly affected by the disease has been learning to fight the epidemic. It was, truly, a humbling experience to work with some of the strongest, kindest and most optimistic people I have ever met. Though most associate HIV/AIDS with African countries, we need to realize that the virus is prevalent all over the world. And awareness needs to be spread. As the PSA states, "Knowledge is Power".
Yesterday was World AIDS Day and I contributed some cupcakes to my school bake sale. Wish I had time to bake more... I heard they went fast! Double chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and fondant red ribbons.

1 comment:

  1. These are wicked! Sorry I had to miss out on the WAD festivities this year. No surprise these sold out fast! Glad I got your card tonight.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete